Sunday, March 31, 2013

A few CAS Challenges


I was perusing blogland today.  You know, you start with one click, and 2 hours later you finally say enough! ;)  Meanwhile I found some challenges that sounded fun, and a card I was really inspired by, so, off I went to create.

Let's start off with the inspiration card - Gay had made this card for a Tim Holtz challenge and I just love how this is a one layered card!!  Amazing masking she accomplished.




and I am using the sketch from a new challenge I found Amusing Challenge.  The prize is a set of Amused stamps.  Since I don't have any of these stamps, I figured a way to win one, was obviously to play in the challenge.  Oh!  You want to see my card huh? Here you go.

While I didn't  use the media stamping effect as Gay's, I did do the masking.  I used the GKD Pressed Flowers with a sentiment from Stampin Up, Wonderful Words .  I am also entering this card into CAS on Sunday - a thank you card. Yeah, I tried this challenge last week and kind of sorta forgot the main image.  oops.  I believe I got it right this week. I am also entering this into the Addicted to CAS - Spring.

Great CAS challenges for this week -

I am working on a huge project - un-mounting my SU stamps. Whoa - what was I thinking! What a nightmare I started.  It is a ton of work, but I tell myself it will be worth it to have the additional storage space.  However, I think this is going to take me a long time.... Edited:  I decided to show you photos of this project
Remove images from wood along with the label - place label on image
Using Aleene's Tack It Over & Over, brush on glue.  Let it dry overnight
I cut acetate for storing the sets on, and put it in some off size envies I have 
And this is the end result.  I believe all my sets will fit into 1 box.  How awesome is that!!

ps - Please CLICK Bloglovin to follow my blog. I have made the switch~ :)


Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This card is stunning Vicki!! Such perfect masking and I love the colours!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flowers and card. You go girl on the unmounting! Will be well worth it in the end :)

Leah said...

Such a pretty card! Big job, but it will be worth it once you are done:) I have that exact same photo box...we must have good taste;)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- you've been busy!

Cheri said...

Ugh!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

These are gorgeous spring flowers Vicki! Thanks for playing with us at ATCAS!

Shelly said...

WOW! Such a bright and happy card!! :) Love the colors you used...simply lovely! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

sue morris said...

Hi vicki! Wow!! This is gorgeous!!Thank you so much for joining us this week at CAS On Sunday!!

Janneke de Jong said...

What a awesome card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday.

Goodluck with your stamps ;o)

Nancy said...

Oh My that is a huge undertaking!!! You are a brave soul! Congrats....just noticed your card was chosen as a top three at CAS on Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...